What is an RTS PCR and how is it used?
In order for a company to be able to draw up an EPD itself or together with an expert, the company must acquire both EN 15804:2019 and the protocol EPDs (EPD) published by the Building Information Foundation RTS sr: General instructions for drawing up EPDs (RTS PCR). The standard can be easily acquired from SFS, while the RTS PCR is available in the Materials-page. Please notice requirements for data quality ( Data quality – EN 15941 )
The protocol (RTS PCR) contains all supplementary and explanatory information required, but not included in the standard. Both documents must always be followed when preparing RTS EPD information. The standard provides basic information on how to draw up EPDs, while the RTS PCR provides information about the following matters, which are needed for RTS EPDs:
- information modules to be declared, as well as additional modules A4, C1, C2, C3, C4 and D and the associated information
- additional information about the allocation of product, material and energy flows
- additional information about the procedure for allocating reuse, recycling and other recovery
- additional information about transport to construction site
- additional information about modules B6 (Energy use) and B7 (Water use)
- additional information about emissions of dangerous substances into indoor air
- product description
RTS PCR information is updated as needed. The PT18 RT EPD Committee appointed by the Building Information Foundation RTS sr is responsible for updating the information as well as for developing PCR and EPD operations.
Dowload the RTS PCR from our Materials-page.
What is a declaration template and how can it be used?
The Building Information Foundation RTS sr publishes the RTS EPD declaration template as an attachment to the RTS PCR. The template represents an example of a declaration containing all information required for RTS EPDs. Any company wishing to draw up an EPD must ensure that the declaration contains all information presented in the declaration template.
The declaration template contains all information required by the standard, from product description to company information and signatures. The author of the EPD can use the declaration to make sure that the company’s declaration contains all necessary information. Unless otherwise specified, all information in the declaration template is mandatory.
Download the RTS EPD declaration template from our Materials-page.